- Lead the preparation and execution of the monthly financial accounting closing process
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial statements on a monthly basis within the timing parameters established
- Assist the financial planning and analyses team in corporate budgeting, capital budgeting and other analytical analysis including the development, maintenance, and distribution of store metrics and KPI reporting
- Audit/troubleshoot store activity and accounting issues, as needed
- Lead the reconciliation process and perform best-in-class reconciliation analyses for bank/cash accounts, balance sheet accounts, and inventory; take action for any needed remediation
- Oversee the store level inventory audit process
- Routinely monitor cash accounts and cash position, plan for future cash receipts and disbursements, and provide periodic analyses to senior leadership on cash management
- Manage the fixed asset system to ensure proper accounting for capital expenditures and depreciation
- Lead the year-end financial audit working in collaboration with the external audit firm
- Ensure that internal controls and processes are in line with best practices, review these periodically, and identify/analyze/research new processes and technologies that should be deployed
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; master’s degree in accounting or business
- Between 6-10 years of professional experience in accounting, including working in public Multi-site retail accounting experience a major plus.
- Expert experience working with back-office ERP
- Expert in working with Excel; strong proficiency and consistent user of PowerPoint and Word (as well as the rest of MS Office Suite, including SharePoint).