The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for timely reviewing and processing of payables within a customer service oriented team environment. A key function of their role will be to research and properly address all issues that arise within the automated payables environment, including contacting vendors, communicating with key department managers within the company, troubleshooting system setup issues, etc. The Accounts Payable Analyst will use tools and databases to query, analyze, report, and deliver timely and actionable information to aid the department in driving service and efficiency. The Analyst will perform a variety of duties with multiple priorities requiring the ability to complete each process accurately and to achieve deadlines. This position works within an accounting team and is able to step in where needed for the greatest overall team success.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Work effectively utilizing an ERP System
- Work with daily interface feeds to balance, review, and resolve issues before posting transactions
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders working with purchasing and receiving departments as needed. Configures workflow as needed for automated approval/coding going forward.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routing internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating resolution to stakeholders.
- Complete check/payment cycles to pay vendors in accordance with company policy and vendor payment terms. Handle special check requests as needed.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for complex bills.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain vendor relations through timely phone calls and research as needed.
- Assist with the preparation and issuance of 1099’s.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited four year college is required. A minimum of three to four years of human services or non for profit experience is preferred. Recent experience in managing compliance with COSO and the Regulations and Requirements..